The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
· “Affiliate” means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
· “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
· “Website” refers to the Juan De Fuca Cottages website(s).
· “Service” refers to the Website
· “Country” refers to: United States
· “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
· “Cookies” are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
· “Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
· “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and Using Personal Data
Several types of data are collected on our website:
While using our Website, we ask you to provide personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
· Email address.
· Name and Address.
· Phone number.
· Sensitive information related to your booking.
· Usage Data.
Marketing Data Collection
We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender, and interests to better understanding the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
We may also use 3rd party vendor remarketing or retargeting tracking cookies, which may include the Google AdWords, Facebook Pixel and/or Adroll Pixel cookies. The third-party vendors whose services we use will place cookies on web browsers in order to serve ads based on past visits to our website. This allows us to make special offers and continue to market our services to those who have shown interest in them. As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of any 3rd party remarketing system.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
· To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
· To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
· For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
· To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
· To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
· To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
· We may share your personal information in the following situations:
· With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
· For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
· With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
Retention of Personal Data
Transfer of Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
· Comply with a legal obligation.
· Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.
· Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
· Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public.
· Protect against legal liability.
Security of Personal Data
The security of Personal Data is important to Us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.